NATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN RADIO (FOUNDATION SKILLS)
Course available in Wellington, early and mid-year (18 weeks full-time).
2018 start dates: March 5.
You’ve heard it all your life – now get the full broadcasting experience for yourself! Discover the exciting world of radio and learn all the fundamental skills you need to start towards a career in this dynamic industry.
Gain experience in on-air announcing, radio promotions, copywriting, production and sales while hearing from some of the best talents the industry has to offer.
- On-air presentation: Learn the basics of preparing and delivering radio shows for broadcast on our in-house radio stations.
- Production: Record and mix audio content for broadcast – such as commercials, trailers, music and more!
- Promotions: We’ll get you out onto the streets and show you how to market our radio stations in fun and exciting ways.
- Sales: Learn what it takes to sell advertising campaigns and bring in the dollars for your radio station.
- Copywriting: Bring other businesses to life – learn all the skills for writing radio commercials with flair.
- Voice: Learn how to get the best out of your voice, use it effectively on the air (eliminate any bad habits while you’re at it!)
- Media law: Learn what you can, (and can’t), say over the airwaves.
- Industry speakers: Some of the industry’s very best talent share their stories and tips on the makings of a successful radio career.