New Zealand Diploma in Radio Broadcasting (Level 5)
This programme is designed for tauira new to the radio broadcasting industry or tauira thinking about a career in radio broadcasting and related media industries and environments.
The courses provide the tauira with a range of learning opportunities and media contexts to develop communication as well as radio media skills and knowledge for applied radio broadcasting contexts. On completion of this programme, graduates will be able to enter the industry ¬in areas such as presenting, production, programming, marketing, sales, brand management, studio engineering, creative writing, journalism, and digital content management.
What you will learn
Graduates will be able to:
- Create and present information and entertainment content for use in radio broadcasting and related media environments that meet legal and ethical requirements
- Apply relevant media production business practice to production processes
- Research and analyse the social, political, economic, cultural, and historical conditions relevant in the radio broadcasting and related media environments, to inform radio broadcasting and media practice
- Work reliably, independently, and collaboratively in order to operate effectively in a professional media environment.
07 Jun 2021 to 13 Mar 2022
40 weeks including 6 weeks of school holidays
Face to face and blended delivery comprised of noho, wānanga, mixed mode and field visits/practice.
- NCEA level 2 or equivalent qualification/work experience AND evidence of ability based on interview and voice test.
- International: IELTS 6.00 (no band lower than 5.5), or equivalent
- This programme is suitable for school leavers aged 16 years.
View link for details
Tuition fee: $6,400.00